Best Laptop Tray for Monitor Arms

The perfect laptop tray!

I've been working at home more lately and I wanted to clean up my desk by getting everything off the surface. I recently brought home a dual monitor stand, but I only have one monitor - so I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect laptop tray for the second arm.

I found the ergounion VESA Laptop Tray fit my needs perfectly. I think it's the best laptop tray I could find. This tray is rock-solid. I highly recommend it.

Most laptop trays have straps to keep the laptop from sliding off. Lots of reviews for laptop trays also complain about the laptops not staying in place w/o these straps. The straps are usually plastic or even just lame velcro tie-downs. Instead of straps, this one came with metal brackets in the front that are attached with thumb-screws. I thought that the brackets & screws would be faster for switching out laptops. However, it turns out that I don't even need the brackets because all my laptops stay in place on their own - so I just threw the brackets away.

I use the tray with several different laptops:

HP Omen 16"

MacBook Pro 16"

MacBook Air 13.3"

One minor issue:

The rear foot on the HP sits too far back so the tray sits squarely on the bottom vents. This is only a concern when the fans kick in - which really only happens when I'm gaming.

To fix this, I just slide the laptop forward a bit, letting the front tabs of the tray catch the front foot.

The laptop now has plenty of clearance for the bottom vents and it is still very stable! There is no way that the laptop will slide off the tray sitting this way.







I hope this review helps. And let me know if you've found a better laptop tray or if you've bought this one and like it! You can see from a few of the pictures that I stuck some cable management underneath, which keeps my keyboard cable off the desk.

This tray comes in both black and silver.

Here's another view:

(Note that sticker on the underside is just a magnet I got from Rainbow Vomit.)


Check out how clean my desk looks now:

(Now let's see if I can keep it that way!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electronic Drums with Clone Hero

Do you need a preamp for your SM7B with a Behringer Uphoria USB Audio Interface?